Friday, April 1, 2011

Random Musings

So, in the effort to really try blogging and sticking to it (don't feel bad, my diary is just as jumpy with dates, ha) I figure I'm going to try talking about things other then weight loss, who I am not on speaking terms with at the moment since weight loss is a cruel mistress that plots to keep me away from delicious girl scout crack. I mean, cookies. Nope, I was probably right the first time.

Anymoot, so....me...other than my weight.

Kind of odd, to think of myself without that in the picture.

So what do I do? Well, I work in a call center for company called FIS. I started out there doing very much entry level simple calls, moved up into a floor support role, moved up as a regular agent in a more advanced department, moved up to floor support there (and also cross trained and helped in 3 other departments) and now recently was accepted as a trainer intern for training our new agents. Today marked the end of my first official class. And it was weird, because I felt this odd sense of proudness for them. I mean, I know as an agent I helped our customers and that important, but all in all, a customer service rep doesn't do much to change a life. This...it's weird to think I may have been the first step towards a long and successful career for someone. And it's an amazingly rewarding feeling. Granted, I think I have gotten more of a workout at work in the last week then I have of my four years total at FIS, but it's a good kind of exhausted, so I guess I'm kinda proud of myself today for that.

Outside of work, I love gaming. I am a HUGE geek (no pun intended) (ok maybe a little one) I love gaming in all sorts of forms, whether its computer, tabletop, Magic: the Gathering, video gaming, arcade games or LARPing. It also feeds another addiction of mine...crafty stuff.

I LOVE crafts. I love creating. I used to run a small business doing chainmaille armor jewelry and toys. Not like chain letters, like the rings woven together to make armor back in medieval times. I also paint miniatures for gaming. Growing up, I was fortunate enough to have a mother addicted to crafting, so I started young. Even though right now I'm living in a bedroom the size of most small dorm rooms, I still manage to have a room overflowing with projects I never get to finish. Maybe I should make a goal of getting some of these projects finished. Its not for a lack of want, it's moreso a lack of time and space.

I also love the outdoors. At one point I drive for an hour and a half outside of Milwaukee to go camping for one night, just to have to come back the next afternoon as I had work early the next day. But it was totally worth it. I miss canoeing, and it's hard because my awesome boyfriend has a very well off father who loves canoeing and he has some BEAUTIFUL canoes.....but they are high quality, which means they have rather low weight limits. Someday though, someday...

I love renaissance faires, and am fortunate enough that the Bristol Renaissance Faire is not too far from Milwaukee, in good old Kenosha. I love corsets, but with my proportions they look kinda bad since my stomach kinda kills most of the chest amperage goodness. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a jouster.

I also love animals. If I'm going to blog a lot more you are probably going to hear endless stories of my two kitties, who are like kids to me, Gizmo and Widget. I actually have a very old youtube channel with some videos of Gizmo when he was a baby and my old cat Jynx....pretty terrible quality, but fun. I'm hoping to do more videos...just not with me in them, lol.

So yeah, in a nutshell I guess that's me. Hopefully I will post more. Maybe even take some inspiration from my good friend Zuko (her blog, Zooskie is in my list to the left) and make some pictures. Though, drawing is not my strong suit, my trainees have informed me I make some awesome stick figure art :)

~Kett

No comments: